For a manufacturing client we are looking for an ALM engineer. The R&D team is responsible for building the software for the process automation of their assembly lines which are sold to their clients.
Human Capital is looking for an enthusiastic Linux Sys Admin/ Devops software engineer to apply technical skills and creativity in support of the research and development department of our client based in Amsterdam Noord.
You are a team player, love to provide day to day user and system support and administration of development environments and infrastructure (monitor and provision servers, licenses, security, performance, stability, storage).
You have thorough knowledge of usual software development tool(s) and standards related to IT and directives and can act as a coach for other developers and promotes tools, standards and directives.
You can act as a bridge between operations and development, the focus is to provide development environment tools to ease the work of developers and deployment. Provision environments for testing the applications, automate testing/ packaging/ etc., implementing possible continuous processes.
The ALM engineer will maintain and update the development tools aligned with internal vision and strategy and strive to maintain its integrity as it evolves.
- Participate in support of all phases of the software development life-cycle, with emphasis on development environment
- Work effectively with multi-disciplinary teams which include product managers, project managers, system architect, developers, testers and operations to improve the development process
- Provide (Linux) support, implementation, administration, monitoring and optimization of development environments
- Configure and integrate software development tool chain to support development processes
- Troubleshoot and resolve hardware and application issues, networks, file system access, etc
- Proactively monitor and troubleshoot workflow related bottlenecks to ensure high availability and performance, and reliability.
- Secure software/hardware and data
- Share and improve knowledge of the development process and provide assistance as needed
- Continuously improve internal software development processes
- Write and communicate effectively procedures, configurations, standards, etc.
- Liaise with corporate IT and with corporate systems/ implement corporate guidelines/ standards
Specific skill set:
- Degree: MSc, BSc, BEng, BICT or equivalent
- Minimum 5 years of IT systems administration and support, VM and Linux (C/ C++) development environment
- Experienced with infrastructure monitoring, system administration and IT Operations process, Release Management
- Solid understanding and practical experience of software development life cycles, with emphasis on release
- Demonstrated history of delivering software development environments including continuous processes
- Experience in supporting tools used for development such as Redmine, GIT, Gerrit and Jenkins
- Scripting (Python/ Bash)
- DevOps automation using Ansible
- Virtualization solutions such as Xen, vSphere
- Monitoring & diagnostic tools such as Nagios, Icinga, Wireshark
- Excellent knowledge of Linux and good understanding of Windows & virtualization
- Software Configuration Management
- Operating systems: Linux, Windows
- Managed (industrial) networking
- Databases Postgres, MySQL, MS SQL
- Solid understanding of security, performance and other non-functional software attributes
- Strong English language skills (oral and written)
First 6 months you will be paid an hourly rate, after 6 months you’ll get a permanent contract.
Please send your resume to email@example.com or contact Jan Andries Stam for this development role on 020 614 27 11.